We are less than 5 weeks away from the start of the season! Many of you have already registered which has been very exciting to see, and we look forward to seeing more teams sign up over the next few weeks. We wanted to take a moment to send out a reminder about registration deadlines, upcoming events, and other updates regarding the 2023 season.
Deadlines to Register for Spring & Regular Season
– Spring Season (coed only): April 10 by 7:00 pm * Please note – LeagueApps will be down for maintenance beginning April 10 at 7:00 pm until 3:00 am on April 11
– Regular Season (coed, men’s, women’s leagues): April 28 by 11:59 pm
– Registration is now open for the One Pitch Showcase and the SuperDraft Tournaments. Learn more and sign up HERE.
– Registration for Rainball will open on April 7. This year we will be making a few changes to how teams register, so keep an eye out for more information about this!
JDOA Umpire Training
The training program starts today – Tuesday, March 28 and runs through April 25. If you’re interested in umpiring this season but haven’t signed up yet – it’s not too late! Sign up HERE. Don’t forget that any JSA players who umpire have their player fees waived for the season.
A reminder to all that JSA will no longer be providing pitching masks. Please plan accordingly – pitching masks can be ordered online, starting at about $35. We will have a small number of pitching masks available for sale during the season, but we strongly encourage folks to get their online orders in now. Other information regarding legal bats, approved equipment, and where to purchase gear can be found on our website HERE.
We have a number of players signed up and looking for teams in all leagues and divisions. Please let us know if you need additional players for your roster! Our Executive Director will be contacting managers in the coming weeks with more information about the free agents list.
Upcoming JSA Board Meetings
– April 11, 6-8 pm (Board Meeting + Spring Season Classifications)
– May 30, 4-6 pm (Board Meeting + Regular Season Classifications)
– June 11, 4-6 pm (Regular Board Meeting)
Visit the JSA calendar page on our website to access meeting agendas and more information HERE.
Upcoming Events & Other Updates
– Join us for upcoming Registration Roundups at the UAS Mourant Building this Thursday, April 30 from 4:30-6:30 pm and at the Imperial Bar next Friday, April 7 from 4:30-6:30 pm.
– Save the Date! Our 3rd Annual Sunset Whale Watch is scheduled for Saturday, August 5 at 5:30 pm. Tickets and more information will be available next week.
– Are you looking for pre-season training options? Tina Lee is offering a program at her fitness studio just for softball players! The program starts March 16 and runs through April 2, with open and private class options. Find out more and register for a class HERE.
We look forward to seeing everyone out on the fields soon! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.